Monday 25 July 2016

Ruby Crowned Kinglet No 4 in acrylics

When I went to order  more Colourfix Suede paper I discovered that it had been discontinued and replaced with Colourfix Smooth paper.  I emailed the manufacture to found out if the surface of the new paper is still the same as the old suede paper.  And it is -  thank goodness.  Basically the same primer is now being screen printed onto 300gsm watercolour paper instead of a 500gsm paper.

I order some of the new Smooth paper and other than it being a bit thinner (which makes cutting it a lot easier), the surface is the same as the Suede. The paint still blends beautifully and I can  build up the layers.

I still have a few sheets left of the Suede Paper so for a next few weeks I will be painting on either the Suede or the Smooth paper.

This little guy is the first painting on the new paper and I am really pleased with how he turned out.

Ruby Crowned Kinglet No 4 measures 5 x 5 inches and is painted on Colourfix 340gsm Smooth paper.

Many thanks to Nigel for the reference photo.

Sold





No comments:

Post a Comment