Tuesday 8 January 2013

Brown Beauty (Horse) in oils

Was going through a few of my  photo's and came across the photo's that I took in October 2011 when visiting an open garden in Maleny (Maleny is about a 30 minute drive from where I live).  It is a lovely  garden which has actually now opened up as a botanical gardens (http://www.malenybotanicgardens.com).   So how did I end up with horse reference photo's?  Well the neighbouring property had horses and they seemed rather curious to all the comings and goings so naturally I took photo's of them. I did also take photo's of the gardens and will probably use some of them as reference photos in  future landscape paintings.

Wasn't sure on what title to give my painting.  I think  horses are such beautiful animals so eventually settled on "Brown Beauty" as the title. The painting measures 6 x 6 inches on Ampersand Gessobord.
















No comments:

Post a Comment