Thursday 8 May 2014

Nuthatch in acrylics

I just love the colouring of these birds and the way they can cling to trees.  Everything just worked with this one and I am really pleased with the final painting.

I am working on a very cute  puppy at the moment.  However this painting is fighting me every step of the way - funny how paintings can go - sometimes they just seem to paint themselves and other times it feels like a battle.  I am sure I will get there in the end.

A little bit of information on this bird - it an Eurasian Nuthatch and they are  found throughout temperate Asia and Europe.  They measure around 14 cm in length and weigh between 17 - 28 grams.

Nuthatch measures 8 x 6 inches and is painted on Raymar's Feather Lite Smooth Portrait Cotton 1/16" panel.

Many thanks to Frank Vassen for the reference photos.

Sold


No comments:

Post a Comment